Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Look! A New Header!
It's 2:42 a.m. and I have just finished what I set out to do since 9 p.m. last night:

1. Turn to Blogger Beta;
2. Edit the html to remove the default text-only blog title; and
3. Replace it with my own designed blog title image.

No. 1 was easy.

Doing No. 2, my problems started. When I started to edit the html of my blog template, everything just went wrong! The navigation bar which I managed to hide before in the old Blogger reappeared, and on top of the blog title at that! Every tweaking just made it all worse. So I decided to start from scratch and download the template, and tried to upload the text file using the new template upload feature of the beta version. It didn't work!

I panicked. There was no way I would go back to those default templates. So I googled "hiding blogger title". Went through a lot of links, until I finally got to this forum.

And there it was, somebody posted a query :

amestsanders
I want to just display the background image. How do I hide the blogger title?
seriouslynikki
um. This should be in the Blogger help section.

jamestsanders
its not

Maestro
QUOTE(jamestsanders @ Jul 23 2005, 6:29 PM)
its not
*


What? blink.gif

Anyway. Please post this in blogger help, or can a mod move this?

jamestsanders
if i can learn how to do that sure

Sherlock.
A. You're not a mod
B. If you are really going to want help, plz, change the 'tude.

avalon*
Moved to Blogger Help
I don't know how I did it, but my blog titles aren't there in my Blogger.

jamestsanders
My friend Rachel at bitchalicious.com helped me out. Thanks guys!
craziethao
Well then I hope all goes well . .. but just incase I was going to suggest taking out the and <$BlogItemTitle$> tags. laugh.gif

Then I made my own blogtitle image by Photoshop and voila! There's my new cutesy, baby-design title header. As a relatively newbie blogger, I consider this as another blogging milestone. After all, I want to go pro-blogging so I'll just have to start somewhere. But I have to make a sticky note that I haven't done my quota of articles for 2 days now and clients are now getting suspicious that I've ran away with their money.

It's 3:01 a.m.

Time to hit the sack.


2 Comments:

Blogger shihtzufan said...

what a happy blog this is! great work on your header! wish i could do the same for my blogs

Blogger Scrabble said...

Thanks sis! You can do that also with your blog. It will take time to learn but once you, it's definitely worth it! =)

Post a Comment

<< Home