Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
I'm Turning Into A Crying Lady


I am naturally emotional in my non-preggy state. But now that I'm pregnant my emotional borders seem to have come crashing down. I cry at the most trivial things.


Early this evening, my husband while hurrying out of the house said to me that he's going out to get his cellphone he left at his friend's shop and that I wait up for him for dinner because he was going to buy me pork liver barbeques. I thought that was so sweet of him and told him to get some pork barbeques to go with that.

After more than hour, I texted him, asking him to hurry up because I was already getting hungry. Five minutes he later, he arrived and immediately called me to the dining table. So I hurriedly left the PC and sat on the table. But when I saw only pork liver barbecues, I asked him where the pork barbecue was. He immediately said sorry and explained that he forgot about it.

I felt the disappointment creeping up on me, but because I was hungry I didnt say another word. I was expecting and relishing the pork barbecue that I could almost taste it while waiting for it. And there was no pork barbecue. I was so disappointed that I didnt even finish one stick, and ate only a couple of spoonful rice. My husband noticed and asked why I ate so little, I told him that I can only eat pork liver barbecue with pork barbecue. Then I stood up and went back again to my PC.

He finished dinner and stood beside me and started to tell me something when I stopped him in mid-sentence and asked him why he did not buy even one stick of pork barbecue. Before he could reply I rattled on, saying that had I only known that there wouldn't be any pork barbecue, I wouldn't have waited for him and just ate what was on the table while he was out.

Then it happened. I cried. Cried with big tears rolling down my cheeks. My husband went red with a pained look on his face. I could see that he really felt sorry to see me wanting that pork barbecue so bad and crying for it. Immediately, he reached for his wallet and said that he'll buy me that barbecue, now. I told him no, that it was too late, and that I had lost my appetite for it. Then the thought of crying unabashedly over some food hit me, so the next moment I was already stifling my laugh.

Pregnancy has always been one big emotional period for me, and that includes the post-pregnancy phase when I seem to turn into one big drama queen of the house. I have read time and again that this is caused by the hormones of pregnant women going haywire as the pregnancy progresses.

Good thing though that I am aware of this natural tendency for pregnant women to turn into crying ladies for the flimsiest of reasons, because I do acknowledge when it hits me and I manage to laugh in the end.

But the best reason why I manage to cope with this emotional rollercoaster ride is my ever understanding, patient, and loving husband who has seen me from bad to worse bouts of crying during my first and second pregnancies.

Excuse me while I go finish my dinner with hot pork barbecue sticks. Yup, he really did go out again and buy me pork barbecues.




1 Comments:

Blogger Didi said...

Awwwwwwww..... Pati ako naluha for you!! :) I swear I love reading this entry. Sana when my time comes (which is super duper tagal pa) ganyan din si future hubby!! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home