Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Thursday, March 01, 2007
No To Sweets?
I now weigh 59 kilos as of my last pre-natal checkup. So I have gained 6 kilos since November last year. Since January, the issue of my weight has always been a cause of recurring discussion between me and my husband, and at times the cause of my frustration and secret crying spells.

After a Christmas season of seemingly endless Christmas parties, a birthday party, a baptismal reception, Christmas Noche Buena and New Year's Eve dinner, and another birthday party in the second week of January, my OB decided to test me for blood sugar.

Initial tests show a higher than average blood sugar, but a more conclusive test to check for diabetes proved otherwise.

Whew. That was a close call. I was not that ready to give up on my daily guilty pleasure: chocolates.

But my husband, the "exaggerated reporter" that he is, told my OB how stubborn I could get with my daily binge of sweets. He even went through the details as to how many pieces of chocolate candies, slices of "biko" and cake I would consume for a day.

And I just sit there, imagining that I was wringing his neck right then and there. But I could only manage to say "Doc, he's just exaggerating."

My OB finds it funny, at times cute, that my husband is the one who is more conscientious in monitoring my health.

I find it irritating, though I know that he only cares for my health and the baby's.

Eating sweets has always been one of my guilty pleasures, whether on a preggy or non-preggy state. Every meal has to be capped with a sweet dessert. But my sweet just seems to be craving for more when I'm pregnant.

But now that I still have 62 more days to go, according to my Lilypie ticker up there, I just might have to take it slow and limit my sweet cravings to fruits.


1 Comments:

Blogger Dine Racoma said...

yes, i guess it is the sanest idea to lessen on sweet intake now, that it's only a matter of 2 months before the new baby is coming. but it's kinda difficult, isn't it? as you probably know there is what doctors call gestational diabetes, and we have to be careful about it.

glad that i was able to make it through to 7 deliveries safely, despite my love for chocolates and all things nice.

good luck, dear and may God bless you!

Post a Comment

<< Home